If you are searching for a veterinarian in Newmarket for puppy or kitten care, then look further than North Yonge Veterinary Hospital. Our veterinary staff is experienced in providing high-quality care for puppies, kittens, and other family pets. When thinking of an animal hospital, many only consider it when their pets are ill. However, if you take your animals for regular visits, especially when they are young, many illnesses and diseases can be prevented.
Why Early Care is Important
- Familiarity: Letting your new pets get familiar with the veterinary team at our animal hospital from a young stage creates a strong relationship for years to come. It also helps lessen pets’ anxieties when visiting a veterinarian.
- Prevention: Preventing illness is less expensive than treating it. Regular check-ups can also catch problems early on and offer the best chance of treatment before they become serious. Preventive measures, such as shots and monthly flea and heartworm treatments, can prevent other issues entirely.
Routine vet care can keep your puppies happy and healthy for the long-term. These include:
- Spaying and neutering to prevent unwanted pregnancies and reduce the risk of some cancers
- Teeth cleanings and nail trims
- Flea and Heartworm prevention
- Microchipping to help increase the chance of a lost pet being returned home
- Overall wellness check-up to monitor weight gain and help detect problems that may be affecting your pets’ health
People don't often think cats need as much medical attention as dogs do, but your new kittens will benefit greatly from early care. You can help your furry animals to:
- Prevent tooth problems with regular teeth cleanings
- Prevent many deadly diseases with vaccinations and yearly booster shots
- Provide a means of identification should your kitten get lost
- Prevent fleas and heartworm with monthly treatments
- Keep from adding to the number of unwanted litters in shelters by spaying or neutering
Visit Our Veterinarian in Newmarket Today
North Yonge Veterinary Hospital is the perfect place to bring your new puppies or kittens in for exceptional veterinary care. Our dedicated and professional staff will treat your furry friends with the same kindness and care we give our pets. Set up your pets’ initial appointment today by calling (905) 830-0437or by requesting one online.